DAYONG GAO YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD
Proudly sponsored by GoldSIM, the Society for Cryobiology is proud to continue the Dayong Gao Young Investigator Award that carries a cash prize of $5000 + registration waiver to CRYO2020. The goal of this award is to foster and encourage early career cryobiology researchers who are in the first 10 years of their post-PhD career/research.
Applications have now closed. The application deadline was March 1st, 2020.
• The Society for Cryobiology Young Investigator Award is open to cryobiology researchers from around the world. Applicants do not need to be members of the Society for Cryobiology.
• Applicants must be less than 10 years post-PhD at the time of the Society’s Annual Meeting (July 2020).
• The individual must, except under exceptional circumstances, be available to travel to the next Annual Meeting (Chicago, 2020) to present their research.
• Application Form
• Proof of PhD graduation date
• 3 papers published or accepted for publication. The candidate must be corresponding or first author on all three papers.
• An academic resume/CV, which must contain a full list of publications
• 2 x letters of support from respected members of the cryobiology community.
• Letters must highlight the research contributions made by the submitted papers and the essential role of the applicant in the research projects.
• Letters must be on letterhead and signed by the author
• At least one letter must be from an individual who is not named as a co-author on any of the three papers submitted as part of the application.
• All applications will be assessed by the Society for Cryobiology Awards Committee, and their decision is final.
• Applicants will be evaluated on the overall quality of the applicant’s CV, and three original publications, and the letters of support.
- Applications must be submitted in English•
- The winner must use part of the award value to fund travel and accommodation costs to the Society for Cryobiology’s next Annual Meeting to present their research. The remainder of the award value is available to use at the winner’s discretion.
- If the winner is unable to travel to an Annual Meeting within 2 years of the Award announcement the prize may be forfeit.
- In years in which the committee feels that applicants fall short of the expected standard, the committee may, at their discretion, withhold the Award.